Trip to Poland
- In 2019, 21.2 million foreign tourists visited Poland. The largest group of tourists by age were people aged 25 to 54 (68.6%), while the smallest group was the group of seniors aged 65 and over (4.4%).
- The cities most frequently visited by foreign tourists in Poland were Warsaw, Poznań, Gdańsk, Kraków, Wrocław and Lublin.
- With the start of the Coronavirus pandemic, Polish tourists began to cancel planned trips, hotel reservations and tickets to various attractions.
- Polish tourists are afraid of going abroad and are just as reluctant to rest in Poland. As a result, tourism companies record huge drops in turnover, which is why they are often forced to liquidate jobs.
- Polish organizations and the government have prepared solutions to protect Polish tourism.
- Anti-crisis shield - The program includes solutions not only for the tourism industry, but also for other sectors of the economy. In the case of the tourism industry, this is a number of very beneficial solutions, such like the possibility of obtaining more favorable financing conditions for tourism and tourism-related activities orthe possibility of issuing holidays vouchers and so on.
- Vouchers - because of COVID – 19 Polish tourists began to cancel planned trips, hotel reservations and tickets to various attractions. Therefore, the Polish Tourist Organization together with the Ministry of Development launched the official #ChooseVoucher campaign. The voucher is valid from the date on which the event or departure was to take place for the next year. Vouchers apply to the following activities: tourist events, hotels, guide services, tour management, organization of congresses and exhibitions, broadly understood culture and entertainment, outdoor events and thematic exhibitions.